Thursday, April 22, 2010

And this is why I love Target..

A couple months ago, I was flipping through one of my favorite educational tools (Lucky Magazine) & saw a wonderful ad. It was selling something that could change lives... shoes by Cynthia Vincent for Target. They were scheduled to drop April 18th & I decided back in February the cognac wedges in the ad would be mine.

Fast forward... Sunday April 18... 6pm. I logged onto Target.com & those bad boys were gone- OUT OF STOCK. That night, I got inspired & told myself I would get on the road to find my shoes the next morning. I wasn't the only one waiting on these shoes & lots of folks had my same idea. I hit a store in West Hollywood- nothing. Bellflower... zip. Lakewood didn't even carry Cynthia Vincent. On the freeway back to the city, I called the Van Nuys store, willing to drive another 40 miles on the hunt for my wedges. I called the store. SOLD OUT BUT getting a shipment at 3. I called back at 315 & wouldn't you know, those bad boys were gone. Upset and shoe deprived, I got back online & found the most remote Target I could get to... Valencia! They had my shoes- one pair of 10s left. I hopped on the 405 at rush hour, knowing I was coming home with my wedges. I fought traffic- and common sense- finally making it to the store. THEY SOLD MY DAMN SHOES BEFORE I COULD GET THERE!!! I was crushed & needed someone to curse at. I think the guest services clerk saw the crazy shoe gleam in my eye & came up with a solution... and I got my shoes. That was the best $100 I've ever spent on $30 shoes...

Photobucket

Erica "I got my wedges" Orange

No comments: