Friday, December 7, 2007

New gig, new clothes

Hey all- Erica here. So I am in a mood. When I get in a mood, I shop. Since it's the first of the month and I'm still recovering from rent, this here blog is gonna fill my void for spending. My thing this week is interview clothes- why? Because I'm working with the Law of Attraction folks- get the clothes for a new gig and you'll get one. :)

Since you guys know me by now, you know I work form the shoe up.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These are by ABS, found at Nordstrom.com for $149.00

So now that your feet are speaking on your professional behalf, you need these
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Do you remember Spiegel? I hope its not just me that used to spend hours drooling over their catalogues back in like 88- lol. They are online, like everyone else in the 21st century and have some great things. These pleated twill wide legs are $159 and a great investment. Check them out at Spiegel.com.

Bad azz pants deserve a hot azz blouse, especially one under $50.00.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Nordstrom, known for their amazing return policy (I bought something back in 95 and they let me return it in 98!!!) also has a great Juniors section called BP. They have great pieces, including this shirt by Lovesquared for $32.00. You can't beat that price for that style. I've found similar tops other places but this one will look how it did when you bought it after you wash it. There is nothing wrong with disposable clothes but this is a pretty classic piece you could wear often. 32 bucks won't kill you- Nordstroms.com

So let's say I landed that fly gig I interviewed for, wearing the fab outfit above- benefits, paid vacation and an office- yay me! Now, I have to be sure to keep up that fashionista boss image. Its always funny how after you get the job wearing pantyhose, a cute business suit and closed-toe shoes you switch to the real you come casual Friday- skin tight jeans, a faded black tee & green flip flops. Can't go out like a sucka so I here's what I'm wearing on my first casual Friday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This shirt is on Delias.com for $29.50. Cute, kinda relaxed and classy enough. Waayyy better than a t-shirt- lol.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then these shimmery stretch ankle pants. Same fit as a jean but a little dressier. Armaniexchange.com- $88.00.

You guys all know how I feel about shoes. One more thing you should have noticed by now is I almost hate all black shoes. Casual Friday would get these
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There's a red strip in that tartan shirt, so I'd play it up by adding a pair of red pumps. I found them on sale- one of my favorite ways to buy shoes- on Stevemadden.com for $47.96

Back to reality- fantasy shopping for my fantasy job was super fun but now its time to spend moeny in the real world. I met someone awesome (Hi Dana!) that works for Paige Denim (www.paigepremiumdenim.com). She let me know they're having the shizzle sample sale, the only one they've had all year so there's loads of stuff to buy. Paige jeans are really hot, fit almost every shape and are pretty reasonable for designer jeans. The sample sale is your chance to get a $150 pair of jeans for less than $100. You can't beat that! Set aside a few bucks and set an alarm in your Blackberry for next Saturday!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm going to pick office furniture- until the next post,

Erica

No comments: