Monday, November 12, 2007

When I get My Card Back Activated...

By now, I'm sure you all know Kanye West's mom, Dr. Donda West, passed over the weekend. I wanted to say something about her in addition to my Monday post. Although I never knew her personally, I really admire Ms. West because I can identify with her story. I see her as an example for raising a spectacular son in spite of the circumstances she faced being a single mother. As the world looks at Kanye during this very emotional, private moment, those of us the know what it means to to be a single mother, should smile knowing that the job we do raising our children impacts the world. Kanye is the man he is because his mother loved him, prayed for him, guided him and encouraged him. Her hard work and efforts have paid off. My heart goes out to her family, especially Kanye.

So onto the post...


The title of today’s post is the theme right now- I’m paying off credit cards, so all the more to look fab for less. I like to bargain hunt and find inexpensive pieces but when the opportunity presents itself to splurge (within reason), I go for it. Everything I put on this blog is something I’d wear. It’s a good idea to spend more money on the things you know you can use for a while. It’s a good idea to spend a few extra dollars on some semi-basic boots or a pair of jeans in a classic cut (my favorite cut are skinnys; sex them up, sex them down- they work!). Anything with a lot of details or a splashy color isn’t worth blowing the majority of the clothing allowance. You’ll never want to wear those boots for fear of some slightly jealous chick telling you “I love when you wear those” or a year from now asking yourself why you bought them in the first place. Here are 2 looks with one shoe- a patent leather ankle boot. You can rock these boots a couple times in 1 week. Both looks are very different & give the illusion of 2 different pairs of shoes. When creating chic on a budget, one must get creative- lol.

Let's start from the feet up-

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These are on Zappos.com by Carlos Santana for $92.95. These are everyday sexy with a realistic heel.

Put those with this-

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This top is on sale at Karmaloop.com for $30; make sure you put a camisole underneath- then these

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These are Jill Stewart and I found them on Bluefly.com for $91.99.

The cool thing about these shorts is you'll have them a while- they're a great investment. Grab some nice black tights and this works for almost anything.

Look 2- same shoes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This dress is at Alloy.com for $42.50. I think its sweet, it reminds me of a little girl's dress.

Grab your boots and a pair of printed tights this time and you have a cute day at work, maybe even a cute lunch date... where he pays- lol.

I decided to do at least 2 posts a week. That means if you like my ideas, you have to keep checking the blog. Until the next sexy bargain...

Erica

1 comment:

coitoy said...

Hey Erica!! You have a great eye for fashion. Have you ever considered becoming a stylist?